My foray into slipcovers is not starting well. I think terry cloth is a poor choice of fabrics to start with. Thats the excuse I'm sticking with.
I've had this vanity chair forever. I love the shape and couldn't bare to part with it, though it needed help. It had been broken and was welded back together. I forgot to get a good photo before starting (bad blogger), it was once gold and green vinyl. Anything has to be better then gold and green vinyl. I had my husband paint it white for me (good hunny).
The slipcover I made from a cheapy towel. The fabric store only had white or pink terry cloth and the towel was cheaper then buying terry cloth by the yard. I used a 1/4" binding around the bottom, the cloth proved to be too thick to hem. In hindsight, the 1/4" binding was way to small! I'd use much larger next time.
Here you can start to see what a mess I made of the binding.
The silver lining, a vintage button found a new home.
Here is the fabric I have chosen for the bathroom curtain. I love pintucks and ruffles. The cloth is thin, but I was able to salvage the lining from my old curtain to save a few dollars. I should be able to have them finished a hung tonight, if I get off the computer soon ;0)
HAVE A BEAUTIFUL DAY!