12/21/09

I'm ready!



Or, as ready as I need to be. Here on out the pressure is off to get my sewing done. I have a few more things to do, but no one will notice if they don't get done. Know what I'm sayin? Some of my sewn items turned out pretty nice. Like an apron for my SIL, who loves black, white and red. Yeah, she digs my hallway for that reason too.


An embroidered pouch to hold a vintage belt buckle.

I made a half dozen of these shopping bags. The thread sketched bird I totally copied from Clutter Punk's  site.  I doubt my family will ever figure that out tho.


Another apron, this time a mini apron in chocolate brown and pink gingham...for the sweetest niece in the world!


I made twelve of these little pouches from my kids drawings layered between thin plastic. You can find the tutorial on-line...please do, If you really enjoy torturing yourself!!! I never what to see another again!
Not sure what I'll do with them yet. I'm thinking of filling them with treats and using as place cards, since I didn't get around to making party crackers this year.



Now are you ready for my mistake? Are you sure?




Are you o.k.? I promise the itchy burning feeling will subside once you stop looking at it. I had such high hopes. I still think the little aprons as pockets are a cute idea, it just the colors. Oh gawd, the colors! How could have I gone so wrong?
Oh well, what's Christmas without one really hideous gift...Heck yeah, I'm still giving it!

4 comments:

Jen Kershner said...

Oh, I just love hand made gifts. Yours are all perfection.

Jessika said...

I love every single one of them! Very nice, indeed.

Jessika said...

Everything looks lovely! I bet everyone who received one of those was thrilled, I know I would be!

red.neck chic said...

I hope you had a wonderful Christmas!!! All of your gifts are great - I'm LOVING the pouch for the belt buckle!!!

Hope you have a Happy New Year!!!
;-) Robelyn